Personal Protection Plan
Provide financial protection to employees and dependents with affordable, customised funeral plans.
|PRODUCT NAME||TERMS AND BENEFITS|
|Funeral Cover||Pays out between R10 000 and R30 000 in the event of a member’s death to the nominated beneficiary. The premium payment is automatically deducted from the first pay date in each month that the member is employed.|
|2 (Two) Month Premium Holiday||This entitles the member to 2 (two) months free funeral cover once they are not employed anymore.|
|Accidental Death Cover||Pays out between R7 500 and R22 500 in the event of an unnatural death of the main member, to the selected beneficiary.|
|Transportation and Funeral Assistance||Funeral Assist is a vital portion of our offerings. In the event of the member passing away, Funeral Assist provides financial peace of mind to the bereaved family & next-of-kin with the facilitation of the burial. It includes the following:
• Overnight accommodation for the next-of-kin in order to identify the body (up to R 500)
• Transportation of mortal remains to a place of burial, at no extra cost (only in SA)
• Referral to a pathologist if an autopsy is required
• Referral to reputable undertakers
• Assistance in taking care of the legal documentation to make the necessary funeral arrangements such as the death certificate etc.
• Personal Crisis Assistance – 24 hour toll free professional counsellor hotline. Emotional support by telephone counselling
Cost Per Month
|COST PER MONTH PER MAIN MEMBER||BENEFIT AMOUNT|
|R20 per month||R10 000|
|R35 per month||R20 000|
|R50 per month||R30 000|
Employees can cover one spouse and four children under each policy.
|COST PER FAMILY||BENEFIT AMOUNT|
|R19 per month||R10 000|
|R30 per month||R20 000|
|R45 per month||R30 000|
Pay-outs in the Event of Death
|MAIN MEMBER||R10 000||R20 000||R30 000|
|Spouse*||R10 000||R20 000||R30 000|
|Child (14 - 20/25)*||R10 000||R20 000||R30 000|
|Children (6 - 13)*||R5 000||R10 000||R15 000|
|Children (0 - 5)*||R3 000||R6 000||R9 000|
|Stillborn from 26 weeks*||R1 000||R2 000||R3 000|
PLEASE NOTE: When claiming for a spouse, a marriage certificate or proof of traditional marriage is required.
When claiming funeral cover for a child, a birth certificate will be requested.
* A spouse refers to a marital union. Spouse also includes a life partner as long as he/she share a common abode.
* A child refers to a natural child, but does not exclude adopted children, step children or dependants living in the same abode.
Voluntary Extended Family and Parents
|Plan A||18 – 64||R5 000||R18|
|Plan A||65 – 74||R5 000||R33|
|Plan A||75 - 84||R5 000||R55|
|Plan B||18 – 64||R10 000||R24|
|Plan B||65 – 74||R10 000||R55|
|Plan B||75 - 84||R10 000||R99|
|Plan C||18 – 64||R15 000||R31|
|Plan C||65 – 74||R15 000||R77|
|Plan C||75 - 84||R15 000||R143|
|Plan D||18 – 64||R20 000||R37|
|Plan D||65 – 74||R20 000||R98|
|Plan D||75 - 84||R20 000||R187|
|Plan E||18 – 64||R25 000||R44|
|Plan E||65 – 74||R25 000||R120|
|Plan E||75 - 84||R25 000||R231|
|Plan F||18 – 64||R30 000||R50|
|Plan F||65 – 74||R30 000||R142|
|Plan F||75 - 84||R30 000||R275|
PLEASE NOTE: All family members will be subject to a 6 month waiting period.
Extended family members include: parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, parents-in-law, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews and grandparents.